Saturday, November 29, 2008

11/23/08 - 11/29/08

Dear seafarer's friends, 11/23/08 - 11/29/08 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. (1Co. 1:3)Our weblink is: www.lifelinetoseamen.orgships visited this week 1 ship on Sunday: COMMANDER II - All Filipino. I took three seamen, captain, chief engineer, and fitter to West Houston Chinese Church for Sunday School and Morning Worship. They all enjoyed it. Weibin Lu took them to Wal Mart and back to the ship after lunch. Please keep praying for the financial crisis of the shipping company of this ship. See attachment for their picture. (middle three)6 ships on Tuesday: MICHAEL S, STAR FUJI, and OCEAN ADVENTURE - All Filipino; All Filipino; Indian, three Filipino. Two Indian Christians on the third ship. All very receptive. AMARANTH BRIDGE, and COS CHERRY - All Chinese. Three Christians on the first ship including the captain. They all responsive. Their last port was New Orleans. They said there was a group of Chinese Christians came on board and told them about the Gospel. I prayed with some of them. They wanted me to go back and preach to them. A revisit on the second ship. I promised one of the crew I would come back, and he was waiting for me when I got there. He said the ship is going to sail tonight. I gave him a new 2009 calendar. DOLLART - All Russian, Receptive. They love the Russian holy Bible..8 ships on Wednesday: CHEMBULK TORTOLA, DAEBO FRONTIER, and KAOHSIUNG - All Myanmar; Korean, Filipino, Indonesian, and Myanmar; Mostly Myanmar, Filipino, Polish, Croatian, and Russian. No Christian but all Buddhists on the first ship. There was one Myanmar Christian on the third ship. ALAM GULA, and ANNA SMILE - Filipino, Indonesian, Malaysian, and one Chinese; Filipino, Greek, and Sri Lanka. I didn't meet the only Chinese because he went to shore, but I saw two Indonesian Christians on the first ship. I prayed with one of them. He told me that I was the first one whom he met to pray for him overseas. HOLMEN, and DORINE - All Indian; All Polish. Three Christians on the first ship. SALIH CIHAN - All Turkish. Although there was no Christian on board I was very welcomed. They all liked the Turkish Gospel materials and Scriptures. The bosun told me he is a Muslim and his wife is a Christian. I prayed for him and he was real nice to me.6 ships on Friday: PRINSENBORG, and PANORIA - Filipino, and Dutch; Filipino, and Greek. Responsive. CAPELLA - Lithuanian, and Russian. Receptive. BEI HAI, LIAN HUA HAI, and AMARANTH BRIDGE - All Chinese. We were on the first ship in Jan. last year. I talked to the chief engineer, and asked him to invite Jesus as his personal Lord and Savior. I talked to the captain of the second ship, and helped him to , invite Jesus into his heart to cleanse his heart and give him eternal life. A short sermon before the meal, all the crew in the mess room prayed with me. A Q & A time was after the meal. We had a lot of fun. There was a short revisit on the third ship. They were all on the deck including a Chinese ship ship's chandler. We took a picture together. (see attachment) The chandler is the second one from the right with a hat on. He sometimes gave the first hand information of the Chinese ships, our friend.The grace of the Lord Jesus be with you. My love to all of you in Christ Jesus. Amen. (1Co. 16:23,24) Your brothers In Christ Tom Malone and Thomas Tao

No comments: